ask chet - the best

Cheap Irons 2017

Ironing
stella74
self helf

ask chet
best reviews reviews

Hi Chet, I recently purchased a $10 Black and Decker iron and it was horribly bad. I was wondering if there is a good cheap iron in the $10 range. Does anyone even make one?

Thanks,
Stella
chet
Site Admin
self helf

ask chet
best reviews reviews

Hi Stella, yes the $10 irons we've reviewed have had a host of steam issues. The best steam iron from there is a $20 Compact Steamer Iron by Sunbeam.

The pros and cons of the Sunbeam 2630 Hot-2-Trot Compact Iron with Nonstick Soleplate:

There are only 7 steam vents as opposed to, say, a Rowenta with 200 vents. The handle is slightly odd but users tend to prefer it because of the amount of control. It does heat up quickly. This is designed as a travel iron. It's portable so it's a little smaller than your standard iron, which is great for a sewing table. The cord is long at 8 feet. There have been complaints that it leaks, but if you only fill it halfway that shouldn't be a problem. Another tip to prevent leaking is to switch it to dry setting before you set it upright. Users have recommended it for quilting classes, travelling, and home use. My wife enjoys hers quite a bit and I'm sure you will find it to be a great iron for your needs.

At $20, for the category of cheap irons, it can't be beat!
View previous topic View next topic

Other Topics in Ironing

© 2014 Askchet.com
Site design by Punkrockmail.com - FAQ and Privacy Policy
Askchet.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.